I know I talk about it A LOT, and for those who keep listening I say thanks, and I'm sorry. I mean this has truly become an obsession for me. It has been a slow, lifelong progression though. Basketball, yes thats it. I mean sure there are other parts of my obsession, but really it comes back to basketball. I even went out and bought one the other day and I dont even play, but I just keep coming back to it. Sure I like other sports too, but basketball is my favorite. And sure there is the one player that has helped me with this obsession, but still its the smell of the gym, the sound of the dribbling and the swish of the net, the jerseys, the yelling and the coach's dance that really make me happy. And honestly it kind of amazes me that I havent gotten tired of it yet. Its like a high, its amazing and I have such a good time with it. Sometimes the best thing too, is having the players and people around the team recognize me. I feel as if I have gone my life with out really being noticed and so when people notice me it THRILLS me, to no end. I guess I just express myself through this blog because though I am thrilled by basketball I know my friends arent and so I try to think of them- and try NOT to bore them to death. I really hope that I find someone to share my love of the game with, whether its just a friend or more, at this point it doesnt matter, I just want to absorb myself with basketball. And though it might sound kind of petty- its seeing the game live that makes it all the better, though as I have said before, having it on as background noise on the TV is also pretty soothing.
Basketball is my beautiful disaster- but I am ok with that. The game is the beautiful part, the disaster part is not being able to fully share it with the person that I want to share it with. So heres to looking forward and looking for that person. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment